Situated in the city’s south, Eibach is a district of Nuremberg inhabited by approx. 8,500 people.
The city of Nuremberg with its 500,000 inhabitants was first mentioned in a document in the year 1050. Being the biggest Franconian town, Nuremberg, head of the “Metropolitan Area Nuremberg” finds its place in the very center of Bavaria. The town’s famous landmark is the “Kaiserburg” which has been erected in the Middle Ages. Apart from the picturesque medieval city center most of the image of the town has been shaped during the National Socialism.
Besides learning about Nuremberg’s history young and old visitors will find numerous activities in and around town.
Find some advice here:
- http://tourismus.nuernberg.de/ (official tourism page)
- http://www.kaiserburg-nuernberg.de/index.htm (Kaiserburg Nuremberg)
- http://www.museen.nuernberg.de/dokuzentrum/ (documentation centre Nuremberg)
- http://tiergarten.nuernberg.de/startseite.html (Nuremberg Zoo)
- http://www.fraenkisches-seenland.de/ (tourism organization “Franconian lake area”)
- http://www.fraenkische-schweiz.com/ (tourism organization “Franconian Switzerland”)